Epson Announces DC-11 Document Camera with Outstanding Image Quality, Performance and Versatile Teaching Tools
Epson DC-11 Allows Teachers to Capture, Create and Share Classroom Content
DENVER (ISTE, Booth 1846) – Advanced partner Epson America recently announced the Epson DC-11 document camera, designed to help K-12 classrooms promote a dynamic learning environment. Making it easy to display textbooks, experiments, and 3D objects, as well as allow other engaging interactive lessons, the DC-11 includes a host of classroom-centric features, including high quality imaging, easy-to-use features and connectivity.
The Epson DC-11 features a five megapixel sensor, 10x digital zoom, and 30 frames-per-second video at full resolution for stunning image quality and performance. With its large capture area, the DC-11 can display up to two full pages with clarity and detail. Using the convenient built-in microphone and included software, the DC-11 allows teachers to easily record audio and video to capture classroom lessons and student presentations, which can be easily uploaded to class websites for students who missed the lesson or are taking the class remotely1.
In addition, the convenient split-screen feature allows for easy sharing of live and captured images simultaneously. With the built-in microscope adapter, it is easy to share with the entire class a microscopic demonstration, much larger-than-life, eliminating the need for each student to take turns looking through the microscope.
“Epson understands education and the challenges faced in the classroom, and designed the DC-11 document camera as an easy-to-use tool that allows teachers to better engage visual learners,” said Sara Kim, associate product manager, Epson Projection, Epson America. “The DC-11 represents our most innovative document camera to date, providing a host of features that allow educators to better capture, create and share content.”
More about the DC-11
The DC-11 document camera provides many convenient, easy-to-use features for the classroom, including:
- Auto-Select Resolution: Automatically detects the native aspect ratio of Epson projectors and selects the output resolution to match; capable of displaying SXGA, XGA and WXGA resolution, it can also be used with the latest-generation widescreen computers or for projecting high-definition content
- Image Quality and Performance: Five megapixel sensor provides high quality images; 30 frames-per-second video at full resolution allows for ultra smooth video performance; and 10x digital zoom, including 2x lossless, gives ultra sharp detail
- Audio/Video Capture: Included software allows for the built-in microphone to record audio with video, time-lapse capture to demonstrate activities such as the growth of plants and organic processes, and easy upload to popular education or class websites
- Versatile Connectivity: Can be connected to a PC or Mac via USB, a projector via VGA and Composite; also offers a built-in SD card slot, and a built-in microscope adapter
- Storage Capacity: Includes 1GB of internal memory for storing images and photos
- Sleek and Durable: Convenient compact design saves space; sturdy metal arm provides durable design and Kensington® lock support, built-in security bar and mounting holes give added security
Epson also offers the Brighter Futures® program, a unique sales and support initiative that is available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for Epson products.
Availability and Support
The Epson DC-11 will be available for $499* in late September 2010 through Advanced Education and Document Camera Experts in Canada. The DC-11 comes with a standard two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – two-year Epson PrivateLine® phone support where owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service product replacement program.
* Estimated street price
1 Direct upload available on PC only.